Monday, February 25, 2019

Blog 1: North Coast

The first few days we were on the northern coast and had some full days of sight seeing and time at the beach! I really enjoyed the tour of the Seville house and learning more about the slave trade in Jamaica, which was more different than it was in the United States than I expected. It was interesting to see what the property looked like and what was preserved, particularly the graves for both the last owners and one to honor the slaves who had been there before too. I’ve also really enjoyed riding around in the country and seeing the beautiful scenery. Getting to talk to locals was really nice as well. I was able to have a couple conversations with people in Port Antonio and at Sea Cliff, as well as at the resort, and they were all helped me understand Jamaica and its culture more. I especially enjoyed talking to Roger and learning how to play dominoes much better with him. Getting to see both the tourist side and more of a local scene at the market and jerk center was a nice contrast to different sides of Jamaica that people can see. Been loving this country and all that we have experienced thus far!


No comments:

Post a Comment