Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Blog Post 2 First Day at Alpha


Meeting the first graders at the primary school was absolutely incredible. Everyone there was warm and inviting. I loved seeing the curiosity each student had about Sarah and Myself. They would play with our hair, ask us if we were sisters, and questions my features such as my blue eyes and my freckles. These first graders were taking a math test today,  and it showed that they had the ability to think at a higher level. The teacher,  Miss York, had great classroom manamgent and it was a very positive learning environment. We were able to see these students, reading orally and answering complex questions in complete sentence. When one member of the class answered incorrectly, the rest of the class wanted to help and support them. I could tell that they are all interested in helping each other succeed. The first day was something I will never forget, and I’m looking forward to the rest of the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment