Monday, February 25, 2019

Blog Post 1 —- Trenchtown and Reading Center

We got to spent time walking around Trenchtown and socializing at the reading center. This was an eye opening day filled with great experiences. During our tour, we got to walk each street and learn about the important artists that came from each block. Our tour guide, Breezy, shared with us how much the community looks after one another. He was popular and had friends on every block. The friendliness was contagious and I felt welcomed to be there. Not once did I feel unsafe. It is incredible that we get to have these “tourist like” experiences while we are here. I put it in quotes becusae we are indeed tourists, but most tourists don’t leave the comfort of their resorts. We got to interact with the members of the community buying beers, food, and just having conversations about our experiences so far. Along with the tour, the reading center was a very positive place to be. I was excited to see the students eager to read and get to know us. I look forward to our time with the reading center on Friday. Overall, this experience helped me see that community is in the forefront of everyone’s minds in Trenchtown. Breezy was very insightful, and I enjoyed the experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment