Monday, February 25, 2019

Blog 2: Weekend in Kingston

Our weekend in Kingston was one of the best experiences as a whole that I have ever had. Visiting Trenchtown was really fascinating to see how that community leans on each other to survive and create opportunities for the future. Getting to talk to Stoneman and see the pottery shop were both really great. Seeing the reading center and getting to meet some of the children that attend the center was amazing as well. I talked to this one boy Kevar for about an hour and it was cool to hear about his life and experience in going to school and growing up in Trenchtown. I’m glad we were able to spend that much time there to connect with the children and staff. The Bob Marley house tour was also amazing and I impressed myself with how much I knew about him and his life as a result of this class! On Sunday, brunch at Strawberry Hill was breath taking with both the view and how good the food is - overall I have really loved all the meals we have had throughout this trip so far. Getting to spend an afternoon on the island was really beautiful and enjoyable as well, and getting to meet Usain  Bolt was just the cherry on top to an amazing weekend! Love this country!

No comments:

Post a Comment