Wednesday, March 6, 2019

All-Inclusive





Jamaica is warm! Not just in the weather, but the culture and the people are so warm and inviting. The resort was really nice! I am so glad we were able to swim in the water and lay on the beach. After the winter we have had, I never want to leave the warmth again. I really enjoyed talking to the workers at the resort. There were 4 people in particular that I talked to the most: Lorree, Sabrina, Jamar, and Marcus. Kacey, Kewan, Autumn, and I talked to them a lot about their culture, their thoughts on Americans, and their music preferences. They were all very shocked that we knew who Vybz Kartel was. After a quick survey, I have come to realize that many people think that Vybz was framed. I asked them why and one of them thought it was because he had such a high pull with younger people that it could be threatening to the government. I do not know much about Vybz, expect the small little things we learned in class. Now I want to read his book even more! I also asked them if they all listen to Bob Marley. They all said they loved Bob Marley! I then asked them if they associate any artist with America as we do with Bob Marley and Jamaica. They said that no one in particular stood out in their mind. Throughout our stay, I could not get out of my mind Here Comes the Sun. I hope and hope that none of the workers had to endure a life similar to Margot while working at that resort.


No comments:

Post a Comment