Saturday, March 2, 2019

Blog 3- Week at Alpha!!

For the second week of this trip I was in a grade 2 classroom at Alpha Primary school. I never expected to get as attached and close to these students as I did in just one short week. All of the kids in my class and at the school in general we’re just so curious and wanted to know about us and wanted us to know about them. They were all so loving and just wanted some hugs and to hang out.


It was also cool to see how there schooling was structured and how the day went. Some things that were different from my experience in American school is there formal school uniforms that all schools have. The formal introductions when a teacher walks in was also very different. I was also very much surprised by the amount of praying and talk of god that happened in the class because I have only had public school experiences. It was interesting to see them sing songs and pray as a class multiple times a day. My class that I was in had testing the whole week we were there so I observed what they called ‘revision’ and then a ton of assessment. There was not a ton of class structure as we had a rowdy bunch. One thing that I really like about Alpha Primary is how much time the kids get to spend outside and get fresh air which is super important! Overall this week with the kids was so amazing and it was so sad to leave them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment