Saturday, March 2, 2019

Last day with my 4P kiddos :(

March 1st, the last day with my kiddos in 4P. Even though we were only in the classroom for a week (technically 4 days because they didn’t have school on Tuesday), I got really close with each of the students. It was bitter sweet (and more than a few tears were shed) collecting all of their handwritten notes and pictures. It was amazing to see how much Emily and I impacted on the their lives in this short period. I learned so much in this classroom. Not only more about Jamaica and it’s culture, but affirmation that I am going down the right path as a future educator. I have grown so close with each of these kids and they all have taught me to be patient, to always be encouraging, and most importantly how to be a great listener. I will cherish this experience for many years to come and hopefully I will have the chance to return and visit this beautiful country again. 4P will always hold a special place in my heart and I hope to visit them again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment