Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Sea Cliff



Sea Cliff was filled with adventure. For those people who do not know me well, I love nature and adventures! Sea cliff was a perfect combination of those two things for me. I did enjoy the “free” alcoholic beverages and food at the all-inclusive, but part of me was ready for some fun off the resort! I was ready to experience the culture and experience the culture we did. The first night we pulled up to some random beach and began hopping in the waves! These waves were HUGE! Some of them genuinely knocked me off of my feet. But the feeling of the waves in my hair and the sand on my toes felt all too amazing, I never wanted to leave. Another highlight of our stay at Sea Cliff was when we played dominos at a bar. Prior to this, I thought we were really getting the hang of playing dominos. However, the Jamaicans absolutely crushed us in dominos. At multiple points, I had someone behind me telling me what to play, so I wouldn’t lose too brutally. It blew my mind that they would react and play a move immediately after someone played! They were so quick that it seemed like they knew what your hand was before you even played a domino. This was by far one of my favorite nights of the trip.
I also loved going to the Blue Lagoon and Reach Falls. When we came along the Blue Lagoon, there were 2 men climbing up the tree and doing flips off of the rope swing into the water. This looked like such a blast. However, the way they were climbing the tree required 2 things I don’t have: height and upper body strength. I didn’t want these two faults to deter me from jumping off this tree, so I found a back way to climb up the tree and was successful in jumping off the rope swing twice! The last day we were in sea class, we went to Reach Falls and it was absolutely amazing. I love climbing rocks, trees, and swimming so this was a perfect combination of all three. I was right next to the tour guide the entire time! When he said dive, I dove. If he said jump, I jumped! I loved the sense of adventure this part of the trip created. However, the best part was jumping off of the waterfall! The water was so clear and felt so nice on my sunburn, I had to do it more than once! I felt so free and I will forever remember this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment