Saturday, March 2, 2019

Trench Town!

On Saturday we took a trip into Trench Town. This trip was very impactful for me. Seeing the homes and conditions these people lived in was not something that I had ever experienced or seen before. But even with that these people were all so happy and loving despite the conditions. I remember our tour guide saying that the money he made that day taking us around was not just going to him. It was going to everyone in the community because in Trench Town they are one big family that works together. That really hit home with me because I feel as thought in our society we are often quite selfish with the money we make. All of the people in this Town were so sweet and welcoming! I think that we have a lot to learn from these people. This day we also had lunch with some kids at the Trench Town reading center they were all so cute and excited to hangout with us. They were all quite talented readers and had such positive attitudes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment