Monday, March 4, 2019

Blog #3: Trench Town Reading Center

My time at the Trench Town Reading Center was nothing but eye-opening. My eyes were opened to how truly hardworking these students are that they spend all day at school and then an additional few hours at night. Many students would not do that and work so hard but they love learning and being creative at the center. Obviously our time at the center did not go as planned, with a lot of co-planning and co-teaching bumps in the week, however, Kewan and I did not let that stop us from a good week. I loved watching Auntie Sweets with the students and how she commands respect from them by just walking in the room. She really knows how to make them think deeper. It was a really cool experience just watching her engage them in different activities. The Trench Town Reading Center is truly a remarkable place and I hope I have a chance to visit again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment