Sunday, March 3, 2019

Pre-Trench Town

During our first week in Jamaica, I felt like I learned a lot about the Jamaican culture. For the first two days, we stayed at an all inclusive resort in Runaway Bay. While staying here, we visited Old Seville House and learned all about the history of Jamaica. While staying at the resort, I asked many of the workers if they liked living in Jamaica and they all said they loved their country. After staying in Runaway Bay, we traveled to Portland and stayed at the beautiful Sea Cliff. Here, I had the opportunity to try a traditional Jamaican breakfast. It was interesting to have fish in this breakfast because that is something that we as Americans do not really see as a breakfast food. While staying at Sea Cliff, we also ventured off and visited Blue Lagoon, Frenchman's Cove, and Reach Falls. All three of these places were beyond beautiful.  Another place that stood out to me was the Boston Bay jerk center. This was one of the first places where I was able to try jerk chicken and it was amazing. I really enjoyed playing Dominos with Roger. He also talked about how much he loves his country. Roger has such a big heart so being able to spend time and play dominos with him was such a treat, even though he beat me many many times. On Friday morning, we packed up at Sea Cliff and headed out to Kingston. 



No comments:

Post a Comment