Thursday, March 7, 2019

Blog Post 3 - Final Days at Alpha

Throughout the entire week at Alpha Primaary, I learned so much from the students and stafff. I learned how fortunate I am to have had the space and the materials I used throughout my primary education. I learned to be grateful for the toys I played with at recess and the playground to climb on. Even though the students lacked these things I felt were essential growing up, the students were as happy as can be. There were not upset that they didn’t have any toys to play with at recess, the played bottle flip. They were not sad that they couldn’t play on their playground, they played hide and seek instead. They were not mad that they were outside, they began to make up their own game to see how long they could stand on the hot pavement. They made everything a game, and there was always a smile on their faces. It was a humbling experience to spend time with these amazing students. They are so intelligent and community oriented and I hope that I can bring some of that insight into my classroom in the United States. These students left an impact on my life and I hope they are all successful in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment