Sunday, March 3, 2019

Trenchtown Reading Centre

I really enjoyed going back to the Trenchtown Reading Centre on Thursday afternoon. I was happy to read and be with my same friend, Abigail. We made our pig headbands, and read a few more Dora books. I was sitting next to Dr. Egan, and Abigail and I just finished reading a story, so she went inside for a new book. As she went inside, she started to skip, and Dr. Egan said how skipping is universal, and it's something I think of as a sign of joy. She came back with a new book and began to skip again. It seemed like nothing else mattered except for reading together. We read a fun Dora book where Abigail was standing and dancing along with the story. I also had fun watching everyone hit the pinata, even if it wasn't quite made properly. Thanks to Ally for the action shot of bringing the pinata to the ground. 
We also got to go see Stoneman again so he could present us with what he made. His painting was so much bigger than I was expecting! I am so exited to see it on display at Augie. It is a beautiful reminder of his legacy and our time in Jamaica. I'm also left with his goodbye to us when he said to share the message. Jamaica and its people are truly beautiful, and I will never forget the stories and memories that we all created during our time in Jamaica. I know someday I will go back.





No comments:

Post a Comment